What's with all the Tourtured Souls?
We're proud to present “A Four Foot Snake Thing” - A Kings of War Grand Tournament. Two days and five games of laid back King's of War goodness. Excited? Of course you are!
A Kings of War Grand Tournament at Element Games, Stockport on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th February 2018.
- Five games, swiss style tournament with chess clocks.
- 1995 points - Yes, that means the “rule of 3” becomes the “rule of 2”) plus your choice of a super special FFS Living legend (See further down for details).
- Lists to be submitted (along with FFS Living legend choice) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight Wednesday 31st January. Please be aware there will be a tournament point deduction for late entries (see Bonuses/Penalties section).
- 60 minute games (Plenty of chill time).
- Each player is expected to bring a chess clock or phone app (such as the free iPhone app by chess.com).
- KoW Version 2 Rules, Uncharted Empires, Destiny of Kings, Edge of the Abyss, Rules Committee Published FAQs (v1.6) and the Clash of Kings 2018 Organised Play Supplement (To be released in mid-January) will be used.
- Price: £25.00 per registrant (via PayPal).
- A cold lunch will be included on both days (please advise of any dietary requirements).
- Prizes will be awarded for the top three finishers, for best army appearance (players choice), most sporting player and for the coveted wooden snake.
- Final scores will be an accumulation of Gaming, Painting and Sportsmanship.
- Open lists will be used for this tournament.
Final scores will be a accumulation of Gaming, Painting and Sportsmanship.
Tournament Points (TP's) will be assigned based on the result as follows:
Bonus TP's are applied based on the total points cost of enemy units routed.
|Kill Points||Bonus Points|
Maxium score for gaming: 100 TP's
The following paint scoring rubric will be applied:
- The first 30 points will be self-marked with only “spot checking” by organisers.
- The final 15 points will be applied by the event organisers.
Please download and complete the self scoring section of the hobby scoring form and bring it with you to the event.
Note: Not everyone can paint well. Not everyone has time to paint models and these people are absolutely more than welcome to attend our event. If you did not paint your army (commission painted or borrowed army) you will only receive a maximum of 15 points for painting.
Maxium score for painting: 45 TP's
At the end of the event, you will be asked to name your 2 favourite opponents. You do NOT need to rank them in order as each vote will score 2 points. How you judge “sports” is entirely up to you, but may be related to your opponent’s attitude, the fun you had playing, the theme of your opponent’s army etc.
In a nutshell, don’t be an arse. Negative sports scoring will not be applied at this event. If a player has acted in a manner that is detrimental to the enjoyment of the event then the organisers reserve the absolute right to remove, modify, change or delete points from the player involved. This should not happen but we have to include this text “just in case”.
Maxium score for sportsmanship: 10 TP's
In the event of a time out, the player must immediately put down all dice and may make no further rolls for the remainder of the game. If there are any unresolved combats, then all charging units bounce back 1” as if failing to rout the enemy.
During the remainder of the game, the player may not issue any order or roll any further dice, including for rules such as regeneration.
Timed out players will also receive a -1 TP penalty.
Late list submission will be penalised -1 TP per day after due date (max -3 TP).
Scenarios will be announced on the day and may include the scenarios from the Clash of Kings Organised Play Supplement. Printouts of scenario rules will be provided on the day.
Special Rules & Army Composition
The Clash of Kings 2018 (To be released in mid-January) amendments will be used. Until then, the below restrictions should be applied.
- Maximum two duplicate hero, monster or war engine
- If you include allies, you cannot select the same allied unit entry of each of the following types more than once: War Engine, Hero (all types) or Monster
- You may only include a total of one Irregular allied unit
- Allied units cannot take Magical Artefacts
- Rulebook and Clash of Kings 2018 Spells and Magical Artefacts only (Clash of Kings 2017 versions are NOT allowed).
- The following core Kings of War v2 rulebook artefacts are not allowed:
- Ensourcelled Armour
- Brew of Keen Eyeness
- Medallion of Life
Living Legends of Four Foot Snake
This is the special bit. In addition to your 1995 point list, you may choose to include one of the Four Foot Snake Living legends listed below. Each Character has their own distinct set of skills (like Liam Neeson in Taken). There is no additional cost to your list for including one of these characters (You may choose not to take one, that's entirely up to you).
Miniature-wise, players are required to build/model a character that is clearly representative of your chosen Living Legend's unit description, using the correct base size.
A prize will be awarded to the best Four Foot Snake Living Legend (to be be judged by the organisers). All things will be considered such as theme, painting, conversion quality, hilarity, coolness… It may not just be 'best painted' that wins this side competition.
Jon the Ale-chemist
Individual, Fireball (10), Heal (6), Bane-chant (3), Weakness, Ale-chemical Mastery
Once per game this unit may use every ranged attack it possesses in one shoot phase
Hero (Large Cav)
Crushing Strength (2), Nimble, Pathfinder, Regenerate (5+), Mindthirst (see Night-Stalker list)
Hero (Large Inf)
Crushing Strength (4), Rallying (2), Nimble, Very Inspiring, Blast (D3)
Nick the Dogmaster
Headstrong, Individual, Elite, Iron Resolve, Height 0, Milo's Bite
This unit has unlimited Mutated Throwing Mastiffs (see Abyssal Dwarf list). Additionally, when using the throwing mastiffs, it rolls 10 dice instead of 5 when attacking the most expensive unit in the opposing army (including heroes, monsters etc).
Matt the Muted
Crushing Strength (1), Piercing (2), Vicious, Vanguard, Individual, Stealthy, Ensnare, Throwing Weapons
Prizes will be awarded for first, second, third and the wooden snake based on total TP's. The following tie breakers will apply in order:
- Overall score (Gaming, Painting, Sportsmanship)
- Result of the game between the players
- A dice roll!
There will also be prizes for Best Painted/Appearance and Best Sportsman (both based on player's vote). A special prize will also be given to the Best FFS Living Legend Miniature.
Prizes and support is made possible by our amazing sponsors. Please take a minute to check out their websites:
Crowd at the Table
If a player feels uncomfortable with the amount of spectators present at their table, they may request they step aside. If this is unsatisfactory to both players then the TO must be called who will make a decision. There is the possibility of penalisation of TP's if a resolution cannot be found.
Player's will receive one re-roll token that can be used once per game (for your own dice only).
Venue & Directions
The Tournament will be held at:
Hallam Business Centre
The car park and entrance are around the back. The store and gaming centre are up the stairs and through the door to the right.
DisclaimerThis tournament information may be subject to changes up to two weeks before the tournament.
Refunds will only be given up to one week before the tournament.
All original content, not intellectually property of Mantic Games, is Copyright © of The Four Foot Snake Podcast Team.